Sunday, March 14, 2010

Twits Use Twitter and Dumb Asses Use Google

I once read that only 'Twits' user Twitter. I guess with some of the attitudes around at present, they may have been right. Have you come across this attitude before - If You Don’t Follow Me I’ll Unfollow You and I’ll take my toys and go home! I do all the time - it's crazy but then, as the writer suggests, if you don't tweet anything of interest to me, why should I follow you. I am struggling to keep up with everyone that I am following.

Talking of all things Twitter and social, Will Google Succeed At Social Media? I don't know how successful Google will be. I am not using it even though I am one of the ones still with a dormant gMail account. I just don't see the need for yet another social tool, especially one that is restricted to fellow gMailers.

Is Google Your Only Source For Medical Transcription Opportunities? Google names again, and yet I am surprised at how many people see Google as the answer to everything. They aren't and they never will be. Specialized areas need specialized solutions.

It like asking What To Eat For Healthy Teeth? Surely you would ask a dentist, or at least a dietitian. Asking Google does two things - provides you with a million results, most of them irrelevant, and two, flags you for dental interests. Come back in an hour and enter a search for brushes - I wonder how many of those results will be for tooth brushes?

Now if you were looking for Backhoe Training For All Ages then using Google may be a good idea. Still, if you ask Google, they are mankind's answer to everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment